Rent A Center
When Rent-A-Center became a client, there were myriad UX problems with their site. To name a few, the original design was out of date and contributed to user mistrust of the brand. The value proposition was unclear. The lead generation / application process was too long and users dropped out of the process without completion. There was no pricing on the site. Images were small and difficult to view. Email opt-in was very low.
1. Eight-week long site survey of customers, asking detailed questions about their experience on the site. The survey confirmed many of the UX concerns that we had going in and allowed us to show the client that our concerns matched those of their customers.
2. Full site information redesign. The original site was difficult to use, find and browse purchases; we added layers of navigation and expanded pages that had originally had a tight, cramped layout.
3. Rapid iterative in-lab prototype testing. This allowed us to capture real-time information regarding user experience with regard to the recommended site modifications. Particular attention was paid to the lead generation/ application form in order to encourage completion.
4. Full site visual redesign.
5. Inclusion of trust factors including regional pricing at weekly, bi-weekly, and monthly payments to assist customers in their discovery and understanding of products and value.
6. Overall improvement of communications with customer via email opt-in and presentation of offers via email to targeted customers.
7. A/B and Multivariate testing in real-time post implementation.
Visits up 20.1% yr/yr
Page views up 50.6% yr/yr
Web Requests up 16.1% yr/yr
Email sends were up 27.3% yr/yr
Email opt-ins were up 79.2% yr/yr